City of Shawnee

Serve on a City Board or Commission

Serve on a City Board or Commission
Posted on 11/02/2021

Do you want to have a direct impact in our community? We are always accepting applications to serve on one of the City's Boards or Commissions.

We currently have a vacancy for a Ward Two resident to serve on our Parks and Recreation Advisory Board. Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meetings are held the first Thursday of the month. The board acts in an advisory capacity to the Governing Body in promoting, aiding, encouraging and conducting public recreation, including the development of parks, and recreation facilities and programs. The board consists of nine members, two from each ward and one at-large member. Members are submitted by Councilmembers and are appointed by the Mayor, with the consent of the Council. Terms are three years.

Goals of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board include to support, promote and encourage excellence in developing and maintaining the city’s parks, special events, natural resources, recreation facilities, as well as cultural, educational, health and recreational programs.

If you need to find out which Ward you live in, check out the map here. And if you're interested in applying for the openings, head here for more details.

pic of city hall