Committees, Boards and Commissions
    Committees, Boards and Commissions
    Boards and Commissions

    The City has a variety of boards and commissions that act as advisory boards to the City Council. The members of each of these bodies are appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the Governing Body.

    Application to Serve
    Serving on a board or commission offers Shawnee residents an extraordinary opportunity to participate in the City's governmental affairs. The most important qualifications for serving are an interest and willingness to serve.

    To serve on a City’s board or commission, submit a letter of interest, indicating which board(s) and/or commission(s) you are interested in serving on, with a resume to:

        Mayor’s Office - Shawnee City Hall
        11110 Johnson Drive
        Shawnee, KS 66203

    For a position on the Parks and Recreation Board, contact your Councilmember and let them know you are interested.

    Letters of interest are always welcome and are generally held for one year. As vacancies occur, appointments are recommended by the Mayor and are approved by the City Council. In some instances, the Mayor may ask for a recommendation from specific council members to ensure a broad representation from throughout the community.