NEW UPDATES FROM 11/14/17
Click here for FAQ’s about the proposed development at 75th and Quivira (Westbrooke Village)
MP Westbrooke North, LLC, has entered into discussions with the Shawnee Economic Development Council and City staff to request the approval of incentives to develop a new mixed use, residential, retail and restaurant center at the northeast corner of 75th Street and Quivira Road.
- The City Council approved Ordinance No. 3201 establishing a Tax Increment Financing Redevelopment District for the proposed Westbrooke Green Project.
The proposed project includes approximately:
- 108,500 square feet of retail and restaurant
- 530 market rate residential units with associated parking structure
The proposed timeline for the project is over a three year period from 2018 through 2020.
The public/private partnership total estimated project budget is $113 million. MP Westbrooke North, LLC proposes private investment from the developer of $87.7 million and requests a total of approximately $25.3 million in City participation from the following sources:
MP Westbrooke North, LLC also requests of the use of Industrial Revenue Bonds for sales tax exemption on construction materials only, in the estimated amount of $3.2 million.
- $5.6 million from a 1.5% Community Improvement District (CID)
- $19.7 million in Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- $16.2 million from 100% of the new property tax generated within the District
- $3.5 Million from 100% of the 1% regular City sales tax increment (would not affect special sales tax)
October 9 meeting (pdf)
For more information about other Private/Public Partnerships in Shawnee, click here.
On September 11, 2017, the Governing Body approved a Funding Agreement with MP Westbrooke North, LLC. The funding agreement will require the developer to reimburse the City for costs associated with the analysis needed to work through the process up to the point of the Governing Body considering any incentives.
On October 16, 2017, the Planning Commission voted to approve changing the area from the current commercial designation to mixed use. The City Council approved that recommendation at the October 23, 2017 meeting.
The Planning Commission unanimously approved the rezoning requests for Westbrooke Green along with the consistency of the proposed project with the City's Comprehensive Plan. Here is the Feasibility Study related to the project plan.
There will be a public hearing on December 18, 2017 at 7:00 pm at City Hall to consider approving the Westbrooke Green Project Plan.
There will also be a public hearing on that same day to consider creating a Community Improvement District.