At this time, the City is not accepting new applications for parades, marches, runs or other actives that would fall under a Parade permit.
Any person conducting a parade, march, ceremony, show, exhibition, pageant or procession of any kind, or any similar display, in or upon any street, park or other public place in the City of Shawnee is required to have a parade permit.
A complete list of regulations can be found in Chapter 5.48 of the Shawnee Municipal Code.
The completed application and fee must be submitted by mail or in person to City Clerk’s office, 11110 Johnson Drive, Shawnee, KS 66203.
Parade Permit Application (pdf)
The fee is $10.00 and is due at the time application is made. This fee is non-refundable and no prorated fee is available.
- Must obtain a Parade permit from the Chief of Police by submitting a permit application to the City Clerk’s office not less than forty-eight (48) hours before the date of the parade.
- The Parade must not substantially interrupt the safe and orderly movement of other traffic contiguous to its route.
- The Parade must not require the diversion of so great a number of Police officers of the City to properly Police the line of movement and the areas contiguous thereto as to prevent normal Police protection to the City.
- The concentration of persons, animals and vehicles at assembly points of the Parade will not unduly interfere with proper fire and police protection of, or ambulance service to, areas contiguous to such assembly areas.
- The Parade will not interfere with the movement of firefighting equipment en route to a fire.
- The Parade is not reasonably likely to cause injury to persons or property, to provoke disorderly conduct or create a disturbance.
- The Parade is scheduled to move from its point of origin to its point of termination expeditiously and without unreasonable delays en route.
- The Parade is not to be held for the sole purpose of advertising any product, goods, or event, and is not designed to be held purely for private profit.