JOB TITLE: Firefighter
STARTING ANNUAL SALARY: $36,474
Firefighters perform duties related to fire prevention, suppression, emergency rescue, basic life support, and first aid under emergency conditions frequently involving considerable danger. Employees in this classification work under direction supervision of a Fire Captain and must adhere to rules and regulations for the safety of all persons. Training provides firefighters with general guidance to perform this position, and ongoing knowledge development/maintenance is required.
To apply, please complete either:
CPAT taken within the last 12 months will be accepted. FSEE certification (IPMA Exam B-5) taken within the last 24 months with a passing score of 70% or greater will be accepted.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Firefighter I Certification
- Kansas or National EMT Certification
- CPAT Certification* and Fire Service Entrance Exam (FSEE) certifications
- The ability to pass a post offer physical and drug screen and background investigation.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record (non-commercial Class B, or the ability to obtain within one (1) year.)
Firefighter I - $36,474 - $52,882
Firefighter II - $41,237 - $59,793
Firefighter III - $47,422 - $68,738
Shift fire personnel work a regular pattern of 24 hour shifts that includes 24 hours off, 24 hours on duty, and then 96 hours off.