The City Clerk’s office maintains a list of tow service providers for the Police Department. The Police Department uses the list in the event a vehicle needs to be towed due to an accident.
A complete list of regulations can be found in Chapter 3.70 of the Shawnee Municipal Code.
The completed application and agreement must be submitted by mail or in person to City Clerk’s office, 11110 Johnson Drive, Shawnee, KS 66203.
Business License (pdf)
Tow Service Provider Application (pdf)
Tow Service Provider Agreement (pdf)
The fee is $150.00 for a new agreement and $50.00 for a renewal application. These fees are not prorated and no refund is available. In addition, each tow service provider must also maintain a valid business license. The Business license fee is $50.00. This fee is prorated, however, no refund is available.
- Must obtain a Business License from the City Clerk’s office.
- Must obtain a Tow Service Provider Agreement from the City Clerk’s office.
- Current valid insurance as, outlined by the Tow Service Provider Agreement, must be on file with the City Clerk’s office at all times.
- Must maintain a fenced, secure storage area.
- Maintain minimum office hours from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and have personnel available to respond from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Maintain the capability of providing multiple tow trucks per incident.
- Clean all debris from accidents or vehicle breakdowns; and shall remove from the site and properly dispose of all pollutants, fuel and fluid spills, and oil dry or similar product used to remove those items.
- Maintain the ability to respond on a twenty-four hours per day basis, and shall exercise its best efforts to provide an average response time of twenty five minutes or less.
- Provide all services in a professional and courteous manner.