Monday, August 17, 2015
A. ROLL CALL
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. CONSENT ITEMS
1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM THE PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING OF AUGUST 3, 2015.
Items listed under the Consent Items have been distributed to each member of the Planning Commission for review and study. The items conform to City requirements and staff has discussed conditions of approval with the applicant who is in agreement. These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion of the Commission with no separate discussion. If separate discussion is requested on an item, from either the Planning Commission or from the public, that item may be removed from the Consent Items and discussed immediately following the Consent Items.
2. FP-14-15-08; FINAL PLAT APPROVAL OF GREYHAWKE, SECOND PLAT, A FOUR LOT SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL SUBDIVISION, LOCATED IN THE 12900 BLOCK OF 52ND TERRACE. REQUEST IS FILED BY SHAFER, KLINE & WARREN, INC. FOR JOE ZDEB, OWNER AND DEVELOPER.
3. SUP-09-82-05; REVIEW OF THE SPECIAL USE PERMIT PREVIOUSLY ISSUED TO KINDERCARE LEARNING CENTER, TO OPERATE A CHILDCARE CENTER WITH UP TO 100 CHILDREN, IN THE PROFESSIONAL OFFICE ZONING DISTRICT, LOCATED AT 6350 LONG AVENUE.
4. SP-24-15-08; SITE PLAN APPROVAL FOR PLANET FITNESS FAÇADE ALTERATION AT THE MILLCREEK SHOPPING CENTER, LOCATED AT 13320 SHAWNEE MISSION PARKWAY. THE APPLICATION IS FILED BY CHRISTIE DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATES, DEVELOPER.
5. SP-25-15-08; SITE PLAN APPROVAL TO CONSTRUCT A NEW 3,000 SQUARE FOOT OFFICE BUILDING AT THE RIEKE CONSTRUCTION FACILITY LOCATED AT 15400 MIDLAND DRIVE. THE APPLICATION IS FILED BY KASTER ARCHITECTS ON BEHALF OF THE OWNER.
6. SP-26-15-08; REVISED SITE PLAN APPROVAL TO CONSTRUCT A TRUCK STAGING AREA FOR MILE-HI SPECIALTY FOODS, A TENANT WITHIN THE WESTLINK BUSINESS CENTER LOCATED AT 23104 W. 43RD STREET. THE APPLICATION IS FILED BY SHAFER, KLINE & WARREN FOR MILE-HI, BUSINESS OWNER.
D. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. S-124-15-07; CONSIDER A SIGN VARIANCE REQUEST FOR MARTINDALE COMPLEX, FOR SIGN SIZE, LOCATED AT 6922-6948 MARTINDALE. REQUEST SUBMITTED BY GRANT HILBURN, OWNER.
E. NEW BUSINESS
1. PROPOSED TEXT AMENDMENTS TO THE ZONING REGULATIONS.
F. OTHER BUSINESS