Wednesday, July 6, 2016
A. ROLL CALL
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. CONSENT ITEMS
1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM THE PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING OF JUNE 20, 2016.
Items listed under the Consent Items have been distributed to each member of the Planning Commission for review and study. The items conform to City requirements and staff has discussed conditions of approval with the applicant who is in agreement. These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion of the Commission with no separate discussion. If separate discussion is requested on an item, from either the Planning Commission or from the public, that item may be removed from the Consent Items and discussed immediately following the Consent Items.
D. NEW BUSINESS
1. ELECTION OF OFFICERS: ELECTION OF OFFICERS FOR 2016-2017.
2. SUP-04-16-07; SPECIAL USE PERMIT APPROVAL FOR SANDERS HOME DAYCARE, TO ALLOW AN IN-HOME DAYCARE FOR UP TO TEN (10) CHILDREN IN THE SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL ZONING DISTRICT, LOCATED AT 22102 W. 52ND STREET. THE APPLICATION IS FILED BY BRIDGET SANDERS, OWNER.
3. Z-02-16-07; PREPLAT-13-16-07; AND SP-18-16-07: REZONING FROM R-1 (SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL) TO CH-O (COMMERCIAL HIGHWAY-OVERLAY), LOCATED IN THE 6200 BLOCK OF BALLENTINE; PRELIMINARY PLAT APPROVAL FOR A THREE-LOT SUBDIVISION, AND SITE PLAN APPROVAL FOR CONSTRUCTION OF A 34,627 SQUARE FOOT PROFESSIONAL OFFICE AND RETAIL BUILDING, LOCATED IN THE 10700-10900 BLOCKS OF SHAWNEE MISSION PARKWAY. THE APPLICATION IS FILED BY SCHLAGEL & ASSOCIATES FOR STAG’S CREEK LLC, DEVELOPER.
4. S-092-16-06; SIGN VARIANCE REQUEST FOR THE OVERALL HEIGHT OF THE MONUMENT SIGN AND THE ALLOWABLE SIGN AREA FOR STAG'S CREEK, LOCATED IN THE 10700-10900 BLOCKS OF SHAWNEE MISSION PARKWAY. THE APPLICATION IS FILED BY KEVIN TUBBESING FOR STAG'S CREEK, DEVELOPER.
E. OTHER BUSINESS
1. DISCUSSION OF FENCING REQUIREMENT FOR (SP-33-15-12) BENNINGHOVEN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, LOCATED AT 6720 CAENEN AVENUE.